Monday, August 1, 2011

Report on the Weigh In

Well last week was great! I lost 5 lbs.! I really needed a good jumpstart to encourage me. I really watched all of my calories and worked out 30 minutes 5x last week. I deserved every lost pound. I'm working on drinking more water this week. Shooting for a gallon a day. I know it sounds crazy, but my body will love me for it. I noticed today that I had much more endurance in my workout today. I had tons of energy afterward. It's crazy how just one week could have me so pumped. I'm not spending an arm and a leg to eat healthier either. I get the 90 calorie buns and make a turkey burger for lunch or eat a 4 oz chicken breast with cottage cheese and a salad. I will never be the girl that can starve myself or anything crazy like that. I like to eat! Obviously, that's what got me here to begin with. I just eat smarter. I know exactly what I'm putting into my body before it's on my plate. When I'm tempted to cheat, I just tell myself, "It's just food, is it really worth it?" I treat myself too. After shopping around (checking all the calorie counts) online at different places, I got a 150 calorie regular ice cream cone from McDonalds. You can eat at all of the places you ate before, just be smart. I know I can't walk in now and get an Angus burger. I know it is temporary pleasure, then I'm going to feel awful both physically and mentally for eating it. It's weird how your mindset changes. I have so much more energy. Last week, Aunt Flo (ask a friend if you don't know) came to visit. I was surprised I could move! Let alone work out for five days and eat healthy. Now I know that I can do this in any setting. Next weigh in is Saturday. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Heather!! Keep it up!! This Friday I will be at my 6 week mark and will have my dr. appt so I should get the okay and be able to join you! :) You are doing GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete